Saturday, May 19, 2012

The problems with second hand miniatures


I love to get a good deal on some cheap miniatures.  I always keep my eyes open at thrift shops and about once or twice a year I will find something GW releated.  I recently got a nice haul of miniatures, though a number of the models were quite poorly put together.  My favorite is the top picture where his torso got put on upside down.  The second photo shows the lovely overflowing of glue used to attach them.  Luckily a lot of the minis were unassembled.  Just getting the Land Raider made it worth the cost, so everything else is just bonus.  Here was the haul all for about $45 dollars:


New or not assembled:
1 Land Raider Crusader/Redeemer
1 boxes of Chaos Space Marines still in box1 Space Ork Dreadnought (old metal one) still in box
1 Ork Warboss with attack squig (metal)
1 Metal Space Marine Chaplain in Terminator Armor
1 Metal Eldar Warlock
1 Metal space marine veteran
1 box Chaos Space Marines10 ork boys

Assembled:
5 Chaos Terminators
3 Tau stealthsuits plastic (one missing arm)
1 Tau stealsuit (old metal)
10 Tactical space marines
1 plastic space marine captain
5 Assault marines
1 Plastic Dreadnought w/ Assault Cannon
Blood Bowl Minis:
7 Orcs from Orcland Raiders
1 Human
Other:
1 Dice Cube
1 Dice Tin
3 files





Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Nice haul you could easily make your money back selling some of it on ebay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. I'll keep the Orks as that is tentatively my next army. The rest I might try and trade out for more appropriate models.

      Delete