Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Mymeara - Fire Prism

Mymeara Eldar Fire Prism
Mymeara Fire Prism
Finished up the Fire Prism tonight.  I absolutely love how it turned out.  The red/orange/yellow crystal with the cool jade and turquoise just really stands out.  I tried to do something similar with the gems, but without using the airbrush it just didn't look very good so I went back to the purple gems.  I need to figure out how to build a better base for them though, as the metal turret makes the model extremely top heavy.  Also did a bit of free-hand with the fire prism rune on the wing.  I wish the Mymeara logo was a little less complicated.  I might have to see if I can get it on some transfer paper and try that way.

3 comments:

  1. That looks awesome!
    If it was me though I would consider putting white on the upstanding air intake fins to break up the solid black. The cockpit/gunner screens would also be good with a tiny bit of blending to make them look like light is reflected.

    It's a stunning colour scheme though and really stands outs with that fire prism cannon, how will you carry that across to falcons/fire prisms?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should probably highlight those air vents. I'm pretty bad at highlighting black, so I'll give it a try and see what I can do. Might pick out a few other details in white as well.

      Delete
  2. Yea the only times I have highlighted black I did it with an airbrush as an OSL type effect, then some minor touchups by hand. Since then I try and avoid having to do black with depth or over too big an area!

    ReplyDelete